Bushfires 2019–20 (ATO
The bushfires have had a major impact on a large number of Australians and the trauma and devastation can't be overstated. The ATO has already released a website update that outlines how it is helping those effected. Accounting bodies and your accountant are also ready to help.
Also just released by the ATO is information about an automatic two-month deferral for lodgements and payments to those impacted by the ongoing bushfire crisis. Identified impacted postcodes across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and South Australia will be granted an automatic two-month deferral for activity statement lodgments and payments due. Taxpayers or their agents do not need to apply for a deferral.
If you would like to support fire affected communities but are unsure how to donate please refer to the list below as a guide.
- The Salvation Army disaster appeal
- The Red Cross disaster relief and recovery fund
- Vinnies Bushfire Appeal
- VIC Country Fire Authority
- WIRES Australian Wildlife Rescue Organisation emergency fund
- Wildlife Victoria bushfire appeal
- Zoos Victoria bushfire emergency wildlife fund 2020